Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weight Loss Progress-May 20th, 2009

It occurs to me that I haven't said anything about my weight loss very recently. I think the last time I mentioned it I was stuck looking out over the valley from a very frustrating plateau and my doctor had basically kind of told me not to worry about it, just keep plodding forward. I don't remember when that was, off the top of my head...so I thought I'd post some info on where I stand right now.

Some dates and stats...
Today is 5/20/09. My weight this morning was 337.5 pounds.
I started dieting on approximately 1/5/09. Since then I've lost 120.5 pounds.
My surgery was 4/7/09. Since then I'm down 38.5 pounds.

My surgeon said that I should expect to lose, or aim to lose, 20 to 25 pounds a month on average but that's a sliding scale (it isn't linear...if you have suffered through semi-advanced math courses, you probably know this means that the weight loss is a curve, not a line).

So...think I'm on track. No guarantees, but I think so...

1 comment:

  1. I think so too. I wanted to lose 150 pounds to get back to my fighting weight of 155.
    I have "only" lost 91 pounds, and it will be a year in July!
    Keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete