Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guess My Age

How old do you think this cheeseburger is?


If you said four years old, you'd be right!

This is a plain McDonald's cheeseburger, roughly four years old.

I keep it in a plastic container in my cupboard.

I read once that the preservatives in fast foods make them "nearly immortal". So one day on a lark I set aside a cheeseburger to jokingly find out what would happen. The burger didn't rot, it didn't really change color, it just dried out.

I didn't do anything special to it. It's just kept in a plastic container in a small cupboard shelf above the microwave. It even still has the original wrapper with it.

I don't know how many prepared foods can sit that long without growing mold or sprouting legs. Apparently McDonald's cheeseburgers can. How many of them are sold a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment