Thursday, May 7, 2009

Update: May 7th, 2009

It's been a little while, so I thought I'd stick in a quick weight check.

Since starting my dieting efforts in the name of the surgery back in January I have lost 117 pounds.

My surgery was on the 7th of April (hey! A month ago!) and I've lost 35 pounds since that surgery.

My friend...from whom I haven't heard again since challenging me to lose 60 pounds before he can lose 30 with a gift card to Amazon at stake...his challenge date has me losing 22 pounds. Although I'm still curious if he's going to drop the challenge soon :-) His wife and I both told him I had an advantage here and I told him there's no shame in dropping out of this. I think most bariatric surgeons would tell him that he would have trouble with this kind of friendly wager.

So...thirty five pounds since surgery a month ago...good? Bad? Average? Any other bari' patients care to share their one-month milestones??

No comments:

Post a Comment