Monday, May 25, 2009

Adsense activation

I've been curious about this for awhile...I finally activated AdSense on my blog. I have been curious to see what Google would select to show for advertisements now that the search engine is finally showing signs of indexing the content and analyzing information from it; I've been hesitant because normally ads are SO intrusive and annoying. The account is free as in money cost, but there is an annoyance and user-friendliness cost when you're bugging readers to buy buy buy while hoping they'll read and get some information from the content of your words. The default was trying to stick ads in the sidebar and under each posting...I personally find that it interrupts my reading of a blog when it goes post-ad-post-ad, but that's me and I understand the idea that if you're trying to make money from your site you want to try sprinkling as much ad content as you can without annoying your readers.

In the end I opted to stick one hopefully unobtrusive bar just below the title of the blog. Readable, should get some attention, while not being too intrusive.

I hold no illusions that this will make me money. Maybe once a year I could buy a comic book or something.

At any rate if you have any opinions or feedback please feel free to leave comments. I'm still experimenting and with a small readership I'm pretty sure that the void AdSense will fill is my curiosity of what ads Google thinks fits my content rather than any void in my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment