Monday, April 27, 2009

Yo Ho Ho Back To Work I Go

I returned to work for my first day since my surgery. My wife tells me that several coworkers think I am insane for returning after a such a short period out...I'm returning wearing stretch pants instead of dockers.

My wife dropped me off and headed to work, then came to pick me up after work. I survived my first day back....that's a good thing, right?

I was pretty tired. Didn't fall asleep or anything like that, but there were times where I felt kind of out of it. My shorter temper is something I need to keep in check, especially when some of the requests came in that were...shall I say, challenging, in that people were describing that XYZ wasn't working when it clearly was. My first impulse was to ask said people if they were dropped on their heads as infants.

But I didn't.

My wife and I had a few errands to run tonight; after a somewhat long day we went home and changed and I pureed some Split Pea and Ham soup from Progresso, packing one of the four ounce containers in a bag with some milk and my multivitamin before we headed out again. She enjoyed some Panera food after heating my soup puree for me; then off to pick up a couple supplies, then probably head home. If we avoid arguments for the rest of the night, I guess I'd have to say it's been a nice day overall. I even managed to take only a grand total of two painkillers to get through the day's challenges.

Tomorrow I have an afternoon appointment to get a tooth filled and the day after that I have an appointment with my bariatric doctor, hopefully to get this hole in my gut re-examined and get rid of the remaining staples (especially the one that is dangling out of me...ohmygodohmygodohmygod this thing freaks me the F@# out).

No comments:

Post a Comment