Friday, April 24, 2009

Something Arrived!

It's always fun to get deliveries. Unless it's something like a summons or a bill collector. But this wasn't anything like that.

Several people gave me get-well wishes and cards and I've appreciated all of them; I hung up all the cards on a wall while I'm at home recovering. One of my friends sent me a gift certificate to ThinkGeek, an online store geared primarily at selling unusual and geeky toys for scifi and fantasy cubicle dwellers.


I spent a lot of time deliberating on what to get. I wanted to get the Jedi deluxe robe and a ForceFX lightsaber, but the robe and saber were too expensive. Plus the ForceFX doesn't have a detachable blade. What fun is that to walk around a Renaissance Fair in if you can't have just the hilt? I found another blade/hilt combination available but they were going to take time to get in stock and you lost the fun sound effects. Bleh.

There were other fun toys I considered there but decided I wanted something that would be useful, utilitarian, that I would get use out of after the novelty wore off.

And they arrived today.

One neat thing...the packaging is whimsical. Here's a picture of the inflatable cushions put into the box to protect the product...can you read what was used to inflate the pillows?
It's a play on the thing about having your order packed by trained monkeybots. It's fun!

Anyway...here's what I ordered...
Whenever we have family dinners, sometimes we have to take our own silverware. Or if we're going on a picnic, or most common I have to take silverware in to work with me if I pre-made something for lunch. These are "light my fire" sporks, one large utensil and one four-piece multicolor set. It has a fork, spoon, and knife edge all built in!

I know, I know...I'm odd that way. This is the perfect combination of fun and whimsy and utility combined with the irony of the fact that I can't eat "real food" for another week and a half. I loved it! These were also the only things that in my deliberation I consistently returned to while considering the wifi shirt and various games and cube toys I could get. Almost got the keychain multitool but...just not enough need for it...

The big one is a little bigger than I thought it would be, but I don't care.

Speaking of which...I didn't realize the time. I need to get my scheduled lunch in now...I think I'll try one of these babies out!

No comments:

Post a Comment