Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Dinner

I said yesterday that my father-in-law had made Jell-O "deviled eggs" for me. Here are pictures of them at dinner. Some explanations...the deviled filling on some of them slid off when the picture was taken, and the white part is ice. Yes, ice. It was in the fridge for the day and something goofy happened with the airflow in the fridge and all the other items in there for Easter dinner that somehow ice formed on the "eggs" and just my Jell-O eggs. Nothing else had this happen to them. It didn't hurt them, I just broke off the thin ice armor before eating them.

My first holiday dinner since the operation: deviled Jell-O eggs, vegetable broth, milk, and water. I enjoyed eating with the family, and I did appreciate everyone's efforts to include me despite not eating what they had worked so hard on (referring to the meal they had...I ate most of the eggs and the broth and of course my milk. What they were eating my wife and father-in-law had spent most of the day working on and looked and smelled fantastic, but of course I couldn't have any. The ice on the eggs make them look unusual but I assure you they were just fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment