Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weight Loss Goals

It occurred to me that I never had any weight goals in mind. I had no idea what my weight was supposed to be...so I looked up "ideal body weight calculator" on Google.

From what I can find, I should be near 190 pounds or so.

Yowza.

Weight loss surgery doesn't get rid of all the weight. It gets rid (in general, if things go well) a percentage of your excess weight. I thought I remembered reading and hearing it was about 70 percent of your excess weight, which was close to this source's estimate on how much patients have on average have lost.

So I'm thinking my weight goal should be...three hundred? That sound good? That may be a feasible number in a few months...I really have no idea.

1 comment:

  1. You should do more thinking about this.
    I weighed in at 155 when I got married 33 years ago (1976).
    I weighed in at 305 when I started to look for a solution to my weight problem.
    So, my goal is to go back to 155. That weight is not the smallest I ever was as an adult. I weighed less before that, but with my current age, 155 should be about right.
    I am 5'7" tall, by they way.
    I am on my way and you are too.

    ReplyDelete