Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another Milestone and a Half-Step Back

Had my doctor's appointment yesterday; she removed the last two staples. I was kind of excited at this since the one that ripped out was no longer dangling half out of the wound site; the staple had re-embedded itself in my incision site.

*shiver*

Yeah. That stuff bugs me.

She also looked at the wound a little, made a passing statement that it wasn't really healing quite as quickly as they'd like, so here I am waiting for a ride to the hospital to get a CAT scan this morning.

She reiterated that there was nothing to worry about, she sees nothing wrong, they just want to get a better picture of what's under the surface.

Oh, and I have tape burn.

I haven't stared much at the new look of the wound, staple-free yet. I just quickly changed the dressing this morning and went about the routine they directed of drinking my "Banana Smoothie" (I'm not an idiot. I know what the Barium Sulfate on the label meant. As a side note, dose one didn't taste half bad.)

She did confirm that yes, the hole is healing (just slowly), it will seal up just fine. You know in movies when the mutant or alien has a hole blown in them and it heals superfast, pulling the edges together like it's pulled by an invisible zipper? Well, that's what happens here, only it happens in super slow-mo.

My other question had her confirm that the lack of feeling full after eating my purees is normal too...liquids tend to swoosh right through the pouch. Which also confirms that is how people cheat the pouch. "It'll all change when you have solid foods. Don't worry!!"

My ride's here. Time for me to head to the hospital for my tummy scan...

No comments:

Post a Comment