Thursday, April 23, 2009

This Could be Bad...

So I wake up and after finally managing to drag myself out of bed I get to work on my morning ritual of changing the bandage on my incision. I remove the bandage and notice what looks like a gunshot wound.

My wife looked at it and said, "I think your staple ripped."

Holy shnikes.

I try not to panic, but when we're talking about holes in my body, I get a little bit antsy. I put another bandage and dressing over the wound and call the doctor's office; their answering service said they're usually available at around a quarter after eight.

I take a deep breath and focus on passing time reading some news stories and, well, writing this.

Soon I'll call back and see if they want me to come up today to check my incision site. I don't know what is going to happen, but when I know more, I'll post an update. I've never really had a surgery like this before so I know nothing about whether this is a serious thing or not...it's not actively squirting blood but it still doesn't look very good.

I'm going back to not panicking now...

No comments:

Post a Comment