Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Progress So Far

A friend of mine, finding a little information about the surgery, said he wanted to lose 30 pounds and wanted incentive. He proposed a competition to lose weight. Whoever loses the weight first gets a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com.

I told him, "Dude, you really don't want to do that." I explained to him what I was eating and asked him if he thought he could do that.

"No, I guess not...what about I lose 30 pounds, you lose 60?"

I said if he wanted to do that it was up to him, but it still wasn't fair, really. I really don't know what my weight loss will be over time. But if he'd really like to do that I'm not going to turn down a gift certificate to the largest virtual mall in the world (Nor will I fail to pay up if he manages to lose his goal first, of course).

My dietitian appointment is tomorrow and I thought I'd take a quick stock in my progress today.

My weight on January 5th was recorded at 458 (I think that was actually closer to Christmas time, though, but this is when I "officially" began my dieting). I had decided to try in earnest to lose weight by tracking my calories and keeping them closer to 1,500 per day.

My weight just before the surgery on the 7th of April was 376, losing 82 pounds.

Today is April 21st, 14 days post-surgery, and I'm at 356 pounds. This means 20 pounds in 14 days, or overall a loss of 102 pounds.

As I recall he proposed this challenge on Sunday the 19th, when I was 363 pounds according to my handy dandy spreadsheet, meaning from Sunday to today I have lost 7 pounds...still want to wager that $50 gift cert?

No comments:

Post a Comment