Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rough Night

Didn't get much sleep last night. I was bleeding quite a bit from the incision. Every couple of hours I had to roll and stand up, so that nurses could clean me up. It's kind of scary to see how much blood was coming out. They said it wasn't really that much and that it looked worse than it was. Blood was drawn twice to check certain levels, along with checking my vitals. All was coming up normal so the blood wasn't coming from internal bleeding. A doc was in this morning and said he believes it was skin bleeding from one small section of the incision and that the grenade was clogged. He believes he stopped the bleeding and cleared the clog but only time will tell. Where's Drano when you need it? This morning I am supposed to have my Upper GI leak test. After that, I might get some liquids aside from ice chips. My first bit of variety. Fortunately, I feel sore but not hungry...even though I did stay up all night watching the food channel. So far I have been sore not hungry. Moving is still difficult, though. Hopefully, today will be easier than last night.

Thankfully I have a gorgeous wife who is typing this for me as I dictate. God! She is wonderful and perfect and beautiful and everything a man could hope for. (added by her for effect, commented by him as "you're silly".)

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that it went good, and that you’re recovering. Remember what Dr. House said that "patients always lie" kind of like users. I glad that you have such a wonderful wife that would type for you, she is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete