Thursday, April 23, 2009

Called the Doctor

I talked to the doctor and she said to just keep changing the dressing and not worry about it. There was just too much tension on the staple.

She'll pull it out next week unless I'm in the area and want it removed sooner.

She didn't sound worried, so I'm just going to do my best to accept the weird gunshot wound in my stomach and hope it'll continue healing. Maybe I'll learn something about how the body heals by watching it. Right now it's just...freaky.

2 comments:

  1. Can you email me when you get a chance? I'd like to compare notes. My surgery was so easy with no staples, or cutting, and it seems you are having lots of trouble.
    I wish you well.
    Lee Feldman
    imovitz@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make a note to email you when I get a few minutes! It will most likely be later today or sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete