Thursday, April 30, 2009

Here, Kitty Kitty...

Finished my CT (CAT) scan this morning. The good news was that the clot in my stomach, for the most part, is limited to the part you can see. It's not a glacier, there's not a giant bit hanging around under the skin, it's apparently limited to the portion of the skin where I'm healing. "All's good! Stop worrying!," she said.

Added bonus, she talked to the surgeon who then wrote me another prescription for Percocet. Half as many tablets, but I was surprised they dispensed more at all. Thank you! It's the only drug I've been given where I take it and it makes everyone else seem nicer.

I had to drink a small container of banana smoothie barium, then when I arrived at the hospital I went from the radiology desk to the registration desk to registration desk 3 to radiology to waiting room to CT waiting room to CT, where I was placed on a table and had an IV stuck into my arm. Then as I had that warm, think-I-peed-myself feeling spread through my body thanks to the IV drip the table kept feeding and pulling me back through a giant spinning donut while the voice of god told me "Don't Breathe!...okay, you can breathe now."

I was sent back to the outer waiting room until a nurse came out and said I could go to the doctor's office about ten minutes away; there, the receptionist told my doctor I was there, she came out, gave me a happy pill prescription and said again that I had nothing to worry about.

So...yay me!

1 comment:

  1. Gee, I'm tempted to write "this thread is useless without pictures", but I won't!
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete