Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life Is Good

While this is the name of another blog on Blogspot with a similar name to mine, this is more a reference to the fact that I am totally psyched about this weekend. I've had good news regarding my wound healing, my pain is far more managed and tolerable, I'm getting up and around more with less pain, and this Saturday is Free Comic Book Day and an arts festival!

I was in such a good mood after the evaluation of the CAT scan that I stopped at my wife's favorite mealspot, Panera Bread, and picked up a to-go meal for her lunch (the aroma of the dressing on the asian sesame salad is divine).

I told her recently how much I was looking forward to the weekend. She replied with something to the effect of, "...as long as we do what you want to do, everything great..."

Well, that was kind of a killjoy. I asked what she wanted to do, and she said, "Nothing."

I know I've been difficult with the recovery and surgery and the ensuing issues, and I thought she'd be relieved that I was finally having a good week, being positive about something going on. Instead, I was being self-centered.

sigh

I am hoping it's just the fact that I've been so negative for so long that when my mood finally swings the other way her mood lags behind.

But no matter; I'm still psyched for the weekend, and feeling better about the promise the doctor made about having the "fullness feeling" after switching to solid foods and that the wound is indeed healing...slowly...but getting there.

1 comment: