Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weight Loss Progress

I just realized that the last time I posted an update on my weight loss was on the 23rd of June, and here it is the 14th of July. Weight loss seems to take so long and yet I look at the entries here on the blog and realize how time seems to slip away; must be relative to the subject at hand.

As of the 23rd of June I weighed in at 321 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 306 lbs. Since the surgery I lost 70lbs (April 7th); since the beginning of the year I've lost 152 lbs.

Oh and since the time my friend had issued his 60 lbs weight loss challenge I lost 57 lbs. I did hear back from him in a short email a week or two ago; he didn't say what his weight loss numbers were but he did say something about being under a lot of stress and a couple other things so he wasn't losing what he was supposed to be losing (I don't know how dire your situation is...you haven't said...but believe me. You're not the only one with these problems. I can While I'm not facing homelessness there are more than a couple thousand in taxes and insurance bills due now and I'm really not going to be able to pay without some form of @#$ added debt...I can relate to the worries). I have no idea if that means he hasn't been losing or he's been gaining or what it means exactly. Dude...if your goal was to have motivation to do something you have to follow through with the motivation part. I don't know if he's been keeping up with the blog here at all but I do post information on how things have been going; if you just issue the challenge in hopes it'll kick your butt in gear then go off to resume your habits without actually checking up, whether this would have helped you or not doesn't matter. You would have had no idea how I was doing compared to your progress (or lack thereof), so I suppose I don't see where the motivation was supposed to try factoring in. That doesn't just apply to dieting either; without measureable goals, how can you know how you're doing, whether it's diet or your job or just about anything else you try to achieve or excel in?

But that's a different lecture.

To be fair maybe you just wrote it off as maybe it was a bad idea like everyone tried telling you (he wanted to lose 30 pounds in the time it took me to lose 60) to "race" a bariatric patient's weight loss. Or maybe it went from a motivation thing for you to a convenient excuse when you found that it wasn't enough to get you to follow through. That's something only you would know.

I've been semi-plateaued for the past week or so, again. On the 6th I was 307. measuring every other day, I then went to 306.5, 305, then 306 and today 306. Water retention? Salt? Just another adjustment? I don't know. I think this has happened before. Here's a 4-month graph of my weight loss (which only covers since April, not since my weight loss efforts started in January):
You can see a couple blips where things leveled out. I hate it when it happens but the doctor said that this would happen; you don't slide down the scale, you stair-step. I keep telling myself that to try and stave off the anxiety that maybe this is it, that maybe my weight loss has come to an end.

Today's also a gym day. Once I finish this and take my pill regiment I'm off to see the Nautilus machines for an hour then back here to get cleaned up and face the day. I have a busy schedule so I'm trying to get the gym work in early. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment