Monday, July 6, 2009

Bariatric Followup for July

I just had my followup with the bariatric team this morning. It was a cursory thing...it seemed that the office was running late, since my appointment was scheduled for 9:30 and I didn't get in until about a quarter till or ten til ten.

The doctor said that I'm doing well. Went over medications, some of what I'm eating for meals, etc. and commented on the weight loss.

I told her about the pain in my waist and she said that it is probably scar tissue; she didn't seem to worried about it so I won't be worried. Just have to wait and see if the pain improves. Not that it's much of a burden, since the pain only seems to happen when I sneeze. Weird. Must be just right to trigger the stretching of whatever is scarred.

I need to get bloodwork done to test my vitamin and mineral levels in my blood since last time I was iron deficient. Other than that...progressing nicely, according to her. I still think I'm not changing fast enough. But that's an issue for the psychiatrist, I guess.

This isn't just me though. Notice that people in society just sort of treat fat people as if they're supposed to be able to remove fat like a shirt? It's as if you just woke up and did something stupid, deciding to be fat for the day, then normals turn around and are shocked that you'd choose something so stupid. It's not like your daughter dressing like a whore and being told to go change before leaving the house...look at all that fat! You know you should be skinny! Go change right this minute! What will the neighbors think!?

In our society impatience is valued over patience, and immediate gratification is almost expected as the norm. So when it's taken from January until now to lose 151 pounds. That's not what is in the doctor's records, but I tracked without my clothing on to reduce variables...so on my records I lost 151 pounds since the beginning of January.

So that's the progress for the day. Or month. I have to go back in October to talk to the surgeon...and before taht I'll probably hear back from the doctor about my blood test results.

No comments:

Post a Comment