Saturday, July 25, 2009

Another Side Effect Finally Came: Hair Loss

I've been taking a couple baths finally. Ah, to sit and stew in piping hot water...nice and relaxing.

We happen to have a tub with little jets in it. There is a circular intake with a plastic sieve-like cover that sucks the water into the pump, then ejects it into my blubbery skin, simultaneously relaxing the muscles after an hour at the gym (and an hour out doing weed whacking) while highlighting how much excess fatty skin I have.

But I noticed something else. The plastic cover on the water intake starts growing hair.

While I would like to think it was my wife's hair, this is noticeably shorter. I'm thinking it's mine. The pump is collecting it into a small hairball that surprises me with just how much there is apparently no longer on my scalp.

I read a lot of warnings that after surgery there is often a period of time when hair starts falling out. It's just something that apparently happens as the body readjusts to a different caloric and vitamin/mineral intake. Unless it continues to happen, then I suppose it may be a medical issue.

It's all good for now. I always had a thick head of hair so thinning it out a little won't hurt anything.

Just another side effect...

No comments:

Post a Comment