Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weigh-In Progress

I thought I'd put this in since I kind of hit another milestone of sorts. Of course, it could change in a couple days if it goes the wrong way, but at least it hit a milestone for one morning.

This morning my weight came in at under 300 lbs. 298.5, actually. That's 159.5 pounds since January lost, 77.5 since my surgery in April.

Like I said, it could all change with water weight or one of the fates getting angry with me for doing $DEITY-knows-what. With any luck it'll continue to fall (or worse case, plateau...I could live with that for a couple days...) but only time will tell!

I had gone to the gym again today too. I'm still not sure I'm doing things correctly or "well", but at least I'm doing something. I changed my end-workout routine so that instead of doing the treadmill twice (just before, just after) I do the treadmill to warm up and a stationary upright bike for 20 minutes to "cool down."

I'm still trying to figure out what the reading on the treadmill and stationary bike is that is labeled "mets", though...

2 comments:

  1. Might mean meters. What's the context?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment reminded me to look it up (as I can't at the time I'm reminded at the gym by looking at the meters). I found it's called a "metabolic equivalent", a measure of energy expenditure of an activity compared to your energy expenditure at rest. I don't know how accurate or useful it is, but apparently it's big for people involved in nutrtion and exercise related sciences.

    ReplyDelete