Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gym Day for July 12th

I just went for my fifth visit to the gym. The Sunday hours are short and attendance, as promised, was sparse. All the better for me.

It was quiet and I managed to do all 15 reps for each exercise this time. I think I may have come close to finding the adjustments for the next couple weeks to stick with. Here they are, fifteen reps each, with the pounds each was set to:

compound row: 125
lat pulldown: 110
pec fly: 110
vertical chest: 65
lateral raise: 80
overhead press: 50
bicep curl: 50
tricep extension: 50
lower back: 125
abdominal: 100
leg press: 300
leg extension: 95
seated leg curl: 115
abd/adduction: 150

This was preceded by 3/4 mile on the treadmill for 16 minutes and followed by 10 minutes on the treadmill at 1/2 a mile.

So now I guess I just keep with this regimen for a few weeks and see what happens. I've found that I really like it when there's next to no one there at the gym; unfortunately that probably won't happen again until next Sunday.

I have no idea if these weights (or reps) are considered good, bad, or average for beginners. I don't even know when (or if) there is supposed to be some visible effects of doing these routines. On days where I don't go tot he gym I've been trying to make sure I ride at least 10 miles on the stationary recumbent bike; not doing so, as I expected would happen with my personality, leaves me feeling as if I have failed and dreading what the scale may tell me a day or two later as a result of my failing to adhere to the exercises.

Tomorrow is a bike day; Tuesday, have to hit the gym for at least another hour. Fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment