Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another Day at the Gym

This post is going in rather late. My day was busier than it has been. After work I came home and started changing and getting things around to head to the gym when I got a call from a friend asking me to help out because one of his clients couldn't get their server to start up after turning it off during a storm. He was out of town and wondered if I could act as remote hands since the system was blue-screening at startup; he couldn't remotely access their system to help them.

I headed there first to scope out the problem. After evaluating the system I found it had filesystem corruption; silly Windows wouldn't even boot into safe mode command prompt only so I couldn't run a chkdsk. Another pet peeve of mine...Windows clearly had in the error message the instruction to run chkdsk to see if that would fix any problems Windows was having, yet it won't set the flag for the filesystem to be checked at boot, and I couldn't get to a prompt to fix it from the system. Of course Microsoft doesn't pack in enough tools for it to repair or bootstrap itself in cases like this, and they make it a real pain in the arse to create boot discs from which to fix it. You're expected to use the install disc. Which most of the big vendors don't include install media anymore.

But I digress.

I packed the system in my car and went to the gym, then joined my wife to take trash to burn at my parents burning pit before coming home and having dinner and working on that system again. Looks like everything has been fixed thanks to bootable CD tools. Once again the tag-team of RIP Linux and BartPE worked their magic. The client's server should be back in place tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I managed to get to the gym and put in about an hour of sweating profusely. I started with a 3/4 mile on the treadmill, then did:
compound row: 15 @ 125 lbs
lat pulldown: 15 @ 125 lbs
pec fly: 12 @ 120 lbs
lateral raise: 15 @ 80 lbs
overhead press: 15 @ 50 lbs
bicep curl: 15 @ 50 lbs
tricep extension: 10 @ 65 lbs
lower back: 15 @ 155 lbs
abdominal: 15 @ 100 lbs
leg press: 15 @ 300 lbs
leg extension: 15 @ 95 lbs
seated leg curl: 15 @ 115 lbs
abd/adduction: 15 @ 100 lbs

Then I finished off with a half mile on the treadmill again at about 2 or 2.5 inclination in 10 minutes' time.

I'm still trying to find the right numbers, balance my reps and weight to challenge me without killing me. Some obviously need to be altered; see the whoopsies where my arms gave out in the pec fly and vertical chest, for example.

But it's not like I've done this a lot. I'm still experimenting. I'm just hoping I'm putting in proper form when doing the exercises.

It's been a long day. I need to get to sleep now...night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment