Sunday, November 15, 2009

Burgers and Donuts?

There are times when I miss being able to indulge in oddball foods. Take a look at this Donut Burger.

I know...disgusting, isn't it? It's only 1,500 calories. A bacon cheeseburger with a glazed donut instead of a bun. I'm repulsed and intrigued at the same time.

Alas...trying it could have repercussions with my modified stomach, so I'm forced to admire the photograph and not try it in real life.

The web site "This Is Why You're Fat" has all sorts of food that I have, at times, wondered if their concoctions taste good or not. Most of the items photographed are things that I think would have been right at home in my stomach during my college years.

One thing featured recently was Velveeta Fudge. As it happened I talked to a coworker who actually HAD that. He said that if you weren't told it was cheese fudge you'd never had known. Apparently the fudgy sugar mix was enough that you don't taste the cheese. That made me all the more curious.

I don't remember coming up with any really "weird" food combinations, although there are people who are repulsed that I put ketchup on eggs and mashed potatoes. Two separate dishes. I don't put all three together at the same time.

What's the weirdest food combination you put together? Anything adventurous?

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in a meat and potato family, so other than some really great Jewish food, nothing was out of the ordinary.
    But, I have seen things that either made me salivate, or want to barf.
    Here in Central PA, my wife turned me onto Peanut butter and.....Celery, Carrots, or Broccoli. I thought it was horrible, until I tried it. Not too bad.
    She also rolled it up in a slice of Lebanon bologna. The two flavors mixed well. I can actually eat it in my new diet.
    The fried revolution is strange too. Fried veggies at the fair, and fried snickers bars too.
    I remember frozen chocolate bananas in a stick.
    The doughnut burger sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lee: I'll admit that I probably would have tried it a year or two ago, making a donut burger...

    ReplyDelete