Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weigh-In Progress: 10/28/09

My birthday will be coming up soon and I've hit another low in the downward trend of weight loss, and I thought I'd share again since it's been nearly a month (I think) since I shared progress.

To recap, I started losing weight in January to prepare for the surgery (how many times have I mentioned that as silly as it seems, you have to lose weight before having weight loss surgery?)

I started tracking on January 5th, 2009. I was 458 pounds. The doctor told me I needed to be closer to 400 pounds due to insurance issues with the hospital...basically, the equipment wasn't rated for someone in the over 450 range and if something happened and went boom while they knew I was over the weight range then...well, they weren't operating. They would send me to another facility a few hours away to do it instead.

So I started working on the weight loss thing as a New Year's resolution and had the surgery on April 7th of 2009.

That brings me to today. I am currently 262.5 pounds, I've lost 195.5 pounds since dieting in January and 113.5 pounds since the surgery in April. According to FitDay, that puts my BMI at 36.61 and (according to that site) a BMI of 30 to 40 is classified as "Obese", so I'm still on the high side of the obesity classification.

My birthday is coming up this weekend. My hope is to hit a magic "200 pounds lost" before then. It's a nice, round number, and just "feels right". Next weigh-in is Friday! Here's crossing some fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment