Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Progress Update

Today started out well and ended on a sour note. But oh well...some days are like that. Get up, brush off, hope tomorrow you don't end up on the ground again.

I had a small milestone pass. I broke the 270 barrier. I weighed in this morning at 269, for a loss of 189 pounds since January (and 107 pounds since the surgery in April). Right now I'm just really anxious waiting for Friday's weigh-in to see if I at worst am even-keel at 269 or if I'm going to hit 270+ again as my body is wont to do sometimes.

I'm also working on the first draft of the novel and last night it broke the 30,000 word mark. From what I understand, 50,000 words is generally considered a novel-length. Roughly. I've heard some say 80,000 to 100,000, and I've heard some say that longer first novels don't sell from unknowns (has to do with how much ink and paper publishers will use up in trying to push an unknown author to the public...we can't all be J.K. Rowling, I guess...)

So I dropped below 270 and passed 30,000 words. My two big milestones for the day. I remind myself of this when I have bad days, so right now I'm kind of in a melancholy mood. It all evens out, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment