Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where's My Lavosh?? Stupid Walmart...

Most of the time my diet consists of a plain home-made wrap, usually with thin-sliced ham and lowfat cheese and mushrooms, maybe some salsa or mustard mixed in. Small, simple, easy to pack. I estimate that the calories are under or around 300 a pop (the tortilla is 2.5 grams of fat and it comes in at around 120 calories, the cheese is 25 or 50, depending on if I use one or two slices of 2% cheese; the ham is only two thin slices, so I don't think I have a full serving of that and the mushrooms are probably 1/4 of a small can so it would be roughly 10 to 15 calories. Sometimes I put a whole slice of cheese in like swiss...that's roughly 80 calories. So from the numbers let's say it's roughly 120+25+15+80+ham which would be...carry the 4 plus pi...240 plus the ham, I'll venture 50 calories for the ham if that. Less than three hundred.

What's the point? The point is that calorie counting sucks. Which I normally don't do or I'd have it all at my fingertips instead of meandering through my calorie count above. I have roughly three of those plus some peanut butter and peanuts to get me through workouts.

Which has nothing to do with lavoshes.

Okay. Three of those wraps a day...I don't not enjoy it, but I do enjoy breaking it up once in awhile. Often it's by ordering a sandwich at Panera, which gives me two meals (1/2 sandwich per meal). Other times we go to a Super Walmart where I discovered this wrap they have called a turkey lavosh.

The lavosh is actually a kind of flatbread. There's a hard, crisp version and a soft version; I like the soft. At the Super Walmart they make a wrap out of it with turkey and some cheese and pepper mixture...it's good!

the problem is that they rarely have it.

I would go there and if it's near lunch, they're gone. I ask the deli and they refuse to make them; the person working the counter said they make them in the morning and that's it.

I'm thinking...if you sell out every time, why aren't you making more to, I don't know, make more money?

My wife had an occasion to go out of town for training. While in this other town she went to a Super Walmart local there...they had lavoshes! Every time she was there! And...they were cut funny...weird.

The Walmart near us was cutting it into four pieces. The other walmart had six. Same overall amount, just...funny cuts that I wasn't accustomed to. But it was okay, because they had yummy yummy lavoshes!

...until my wife ended her training there.

I got fed up with our Walmart; my wife had some errands to run at a nearby business the next day, so I called that particular Walmart and asked to talk to someone in the deli. I then asked for 2 lavoshes...and they complied. That was nice of them.

Another day I asked my wife to call in because she said she had to go up there for some errands. When I got home I discovered that they "don't make same day orders".

You're a deli. Why is this a challenge to make an effing lavosh?

More to the point...why are you inconsistent? The other Walmart makes them. You guys...I don't know if they actually make them or not. It's like they only make them if it strikes their fancy.

Inconsistency...bad. When I go to a McDonald's I pretty much know what to expect. I don't expect one McD's to offer a double cheeseburger but another to only offer a McNugget, or for one to end breakfast at 10:30 and another at 9:30. So why exactly are Walmart stores doing their own thing?

Annoying. One more annoyance I'd rather not deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment