Friday, September 11, 2009

Weigh-In Progress: 9/11/09

Today was another weigh-in day. I usually will try weighing myself on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule or on a Tuesday-Thursday, alternating on the days of the week depending on how things kind of work out. Believe it or not this is actually the least anal-retentive way for me to do this...I used to be more obsessive about doing it more often and having small mental fits of beating myself up if I missed a day. I'm trying to change a habit by alternating like this on a less intensive schedule.

Anyway it's been awhile since showing my progress. This week...I suspect something is wrong with my scale or my eyes. I can think of no other reason since I'm really careful about taking my readings; no clothes, first thing after using the restroom in the morning, and I get on the scale, take the reading, get off and zero it, get back on. I repeat on the scale until I come up with a consistent number at least twice in a row and it can't keep oscillating between two readings. But this according to my trends has been quite a loss for one week.

This morning I weighed in at 276 pounds. Since my April surgery that means I've lost 100 pounds, and since I started dieting on January 1st I've lost 182 pounds. It's all on the spreadsheet right here.

But for the week...my weight on 9/7, Monday, was 280.5. I've lost four and a half pounds in one week.

Maybe this isn't as unusual as I thought. I'll have to look at the chart statistics to see if I've lost like this in weeks past. Most of it is probably from water retention on various weeks; days where I had too much salty foods at just the wrong time.

Someday I'll sit down and compile some statistics on the weight loss trends. For now I'll just keep trying; FitDay tells me that my BMI is still a staggering 38.5. Ugh. It likes to remind me: "Your weight is 96.8 lbs above the healthy range."

Time to get ready for work...

1 comment:

  1. Yippie! Congrats, Barry!
    I hop on the scale maybe once a week now. I know now that my weight loss is real, and not something I dreamed about.
    I have control of my appetite. I have control of my cravings.
    It will be really great when you reach that point.
    I'll be right back after I get this chocolate bar.....

    ReplyDelete