Monday, August 24, 2009

Weigh-In Progress

This morning was another weigh-in day. I clocked in at 286 pounds.

Since January, I've lost 172 pounds, and since the surgery I'm down 90 pounds.

The reason I'm posting a progress this morning is because I saw a small milestone go by. When I first started dieting in January, the nutritionist at the time that was assigned to me suggested a free website called FitDay.com to track my nutrition stats...it's an online food diary with an array of features, essentially (one of the most successful tools for people trying to lose weight involves keeping a food diary, by the way).

After surgery the orders were to not track calories or nutrition so much as protein intake; I no longer kept track of my nutrition profile (bloodwork periodically taken was supposed to track that, from what I understand) but I still go there to track my weight. One of the things that the online site does when you put in your information and your weight is give you your estimated BMI.

Inaccurate or not...BMI is of course controversial as an indicator of fitness for a variety of reasons...the site finally told me I broke the 40 barrier.

It told me that between 30 and 40 is obese. Above that is...super obese? Morbid obese? Well my current classification on the site is just obese, coming in at 39.89. According to them, a healthy weight at my height is 132.6 to 179.2, and that I'm 106.8 above a healthy weight.

So if I went by that, it means I "should" weigh slightly less than 180 pounds.

It's a little depressing to see how much further I'm "supposed" to go. I guess I'll have to wait and see how far the current exercise/diet regimen will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment